lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Superscripts

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Superscripts
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 17:49:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Philip Webb wrote:

> the correct UTF-8 character won't appear here for me,
> as i don't have it in my XT accessed via Kermit 315 .
> i have long wondered exactly how you get alternative charsets with DOS,
> the explanations on offer seeming to omit vital bits of info.
> French/German accents are ok, as they're in normal ASCII.

To actually get the ISO character sets on your PC, get the file:
"ftp://ftp.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/pub/doc/ISO/charsets/isocp101.zip";.
It comes with instructions.

To do it without the file from your setup (at least for ISO 8859-1),
set your display to cp850, and allow mskermit to translate from
ISO 8859-1 to cp850. If you need specific instructions on how to
change your code page to 850 from 437, write to me off the list, and
I'll give you the exact lines for your config.sys file to enable the
ability to change code page (DOS lingo for their character set). I can
also give you the lines for your mskermit MSCUSTOM.INI file for the
appropriate character set translations. I am not at my PC now. I don't
think I can do it correctly from memory.
                          Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden