lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev UTF-8 display questions (was: Superscripts)

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev UTF-8 display questions (was: Superscripts)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 12:07:20 +0900 (JST)

> In the meantime, I have found _another_ problem which I can see in
> 2.8.3rel.1 with slang 1.3.9.  This time, it appears to be a real bug in
> the lynx code (as opposed to: imperfect workaround for UTF-8-unaware
> display library).  Let me try to describe this, it's rather strange,
> I wonder if you can reproduce it.
> This does not depend on -show_cursor, -nocolor, or link numbering.
> Your window size should be 80x25, lynx User Mode == Advanced.
> Start lynx on http://www.esperanto.mv.ru/KompLeks/UTF8/AL.html, in
> an xterm -u8 (with lynx's display character set as UTF-8, of course).

This is the kind of stuff I see occasionally.  Interestingly, I have
no problems if I use DCS euc-jp, CJK on.  If I change to DCS utf-8,
CJK off, I get very strange behavior like the title bar being overwritten
with the first line of links.  If I hit [END] to go to the end of the
document, and the hit [HOME] to go back to the top, it's better, but if
I navigate things get messed up (links seem to get printed one line
below) again.  This is using a terminal emulator, with lynx running
in a screen window: Lynx 2.8.4dev.1, slang 1.4, i.e., not just x.

__Henry