lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx work-todo

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx work-todo
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 19:46:55 +0500 (SAMST)

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Philip Webb wrote:

> 000625 Kim DeVaughn wrote:
> > I guess this is as good a time as any
> > to let y'all know that I'm back on lynx-dev.
>
> what! just before the football season ... (grin)?
>
> > I've been busy with "things that help pay the rent",
> > and then had some problems with my ISP and my email,
> > but those *should* be all fixed-up now ... mostly, anyway.
> > Now I just need to get caught up with what's been going on WRT lynx ...
> > I'm still running 2.8.3-dev.17 ... :-) ...
>
> welcome back: 2-8-4dev.nn is out there
> & there's been a bit of housekeeping by our humble landlord,
> but otherwise, Lynx development has slowed to a crawl.
> the most urgent need is for someone at least to start the process
> of making Lynx Javascript-friendly: it's no use complaining,
> it's out there, more'n'more sites are requiring it
> & if Lynx wants to go on being relevant it has somehow to be done.

  FYI: the recent version of links browser has hooks for javascript (they plan
to support it apparently). As for me - as long as author of 'links' doesn't
use comments and uses variables with one- or two- letter-long names, I won't
hack 'links'.

> is it within your own well-proven programming powers (smile)?

  Don't rely on me in this task - I tell this officially (unless someone wish
to invest a pile of money in lynx).

> --
> SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : address@hidden
> ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|  Centre for Urban & Community Studies
> TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'  University of Toronto

 Best regards,
  -Vlad