lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Borland compiles

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Borland compiles
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:35:50 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Lloyd Rasmussen said:

> Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:32:26 -0400
>
> On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 23:22:22 -0400, Webmaster Jim wrote:
>
> >the other is 2.8.4dev6. I could not find the problem with pop-up video
> >attributes for the release, so I'm giving up. It is working correctly in
> >2.8.4.
> >
> Hi, Jim.  I didn't have the patience to follow this up, but I
> experienced the following on 2.8.4 dev 6:  I decided to save the
> currently displayed page to disk from the Print menu.  I used ctrl-U to
> clear the supplied filename and typed my own.  The save succeeded, but
> Lynx must have exited immediately afterward, because I was dumped back
> onto the desktop without warning at that point.  I don't have that sort
> of problem with 2.8.3 rel.  I do have a working Temp directory.  I ran
> Lynx from my existing lynx.cfg.  This is in Win98 with the Vocal-Eyes
> DOS screen reader.

I'm getting something similar with dev.6 on Solaris and OS/390:

Start Lynx
"o" for options
down arrow to "Type of Search"
right arrow to pop up menu
down arrow to "Case sensitive"
right arrow to select

    A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.8.4dev.6

    Please notify your system administrator to confirm a bug, and
    if confirmed, to notify the lynx-dev list.  Bug reports should
    have concise descriptions of the command and/or URL which causes
    the problem, the operating system name with version number, the
    TCPIP implementation, and any other relevant information.

    Do NOT mail the core file if one was generated.

    Lynx now exiting with signal:  11

    Abort(coredump)
    address@hidden:160$ uname -a
    SunOS sanitas 5.6 Generic_105181-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
    address@hidden:161$

On Solaris, problem occurs with dev.6 and dev.5; not with dev.4

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL