lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev curses working but new problem with highlighted links

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev curses working but new problem with highlighted links
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 22:14:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, A. R. Vener wrote:

> I've tried a few experiments.
> In lynx.cfg I uncommented and modified the following line:
> COLOR:1:black:white
>   Result: no change, still got reverse vidoe on all links.
> 2) So I tried
> COLOR:1:white:black
>   Result: same
> 3) Next I tried
> COLOR:1:black:blcak
>   Result: no change...hmmmm, I'm still getting reverse video
>   that is, white background with black text no matter what I set
>   the foreground or background to.

This sounds like lynx thinks you have a non-color screen and is using
the bold, reverse, and underline settings from your termcap. When you
go into the option screen do you have color on or off? Does changing
this or does starting lynx as "lynx -color" make a difference in what
happens with the above settings? Are you sure that the termcap that
you posted before is actually the one that is being read? When you
built the new ncurses was a new termcap or terminfo database installed
that is different from what you assumed?
                            Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden