lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Still learning about what Goes Wrong.

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Still learning about what Goes Wrong.
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 22:47:20 +0400 (MSD)

28-Jul-2000 16:24 Martin McCormick wrote:
>         I was shocked to see that it was generated with Microsoft
> Frontpage 2.0 or something like that.
>         The problem appears to be that many sites use the
> "onclick" javascript mechanism to select links and lynx can
> neither understand nor generate responses to javascript.

>         One non working site was made to work when one of the
> programmers gave me another link to the material which bypassed
> the home page.  It worked like a charm and I read everything that
> was there.

There is another constructive solution: use Internet search engines
with optional host= parameter and you will get several links
from this particular site and be probably lucky on this way.

This definitely more universal solution than trying
to reverse-enginering jscript-based generated HTML code
which highly different for each site.