lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev JS onclick (was still learning)

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev JS onclick (was still learning)
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 14:57:01 +0900 (JST)

> > it's a pity no-one has found the time to program Lynx to look for such URLs
> > within JS sections of HTML & offer them as ordinary links:
> > it would remove a major source of JS irritation for Lynx users.
> >

> Would it be easy via perl or one of its CPAN packages?

Definitely not "easy," but doable.

> If so, then some lynx-cmd could spawn a perl job,
> with the correct args (the html file), and
> the perl job could return an html file that
[...]
> perhaps, related to the "depth" within the
> javascript source, and display like the V-page.
>
> Is such an approach worth anything?

For me it has been on about two sites that I frequent for specific
information on a regular basis.  As Leonid, others and myself have
indicated it is very inefficient because it pretty much has to be
customized for a particular site, or even a single document within
a site.  It's worth depends on how much one doesn't want to fire up
MSIE, and how often and how much the information is needed, I guess.

__Henry