lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev problem with select option in Japanese form

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problem with select option in Japanese form
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 12:24:29 +0900

From: Henry Nelson <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 11:06:35 +0900 (JST)

> > >     http://www.irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp/biorec/DOC/popform.html
> > > Hit return on the first [endo-mame] to expand the select option box.
> > > If you move down to _soba_ or _kyukan_, doesn't the display become
> > > corrupted?
> >
> > I checked but it seemed the display did not become corrupted.
> >
> > I use Lynx 2.8.4dev.6 with the patch "multibyte characters
> > in status line" of Hataguchi-san on Linux(Debian).
> >
> > Slang is of 1.3.9 and gcc of 2.95.2 (perhaps).
>
> Okay, thanks for trying.  I updated to "dev.6 with the patch," but
> I still have "shifting" of the characters as I move the cursor up
> and down over the selections in the pop-up.  You must move over the
> selection list; just expanding the box is not enough.

I tried to move the cursor up and down over the selections in the
pop-up again and again but I did not notice any inconvenience.
But I might misunderstand something.

Slang in my system is the original one and configure options
are as follows;

--with-screen=slang --enable-8bit-toupper --enable-externs --enable-nsl-fork
--enable-cgi-links --enable-exec-links --enable-exec-scripts
--enable-persistent-cookies --enable-nls --enable-gzip-help --enable-prettysrc
--enable-source-cache --with-zlib --enable-cjk --without-included-gettext

(I do not know if these are relevant or not.)

> > BTW, I am a bit surprised that such an examination is open
> > to public ;-)
>
> Finals are over with.  Anyway, I write new questions every year :-)

I see.  An examination on network! Great!  Is it common in your
university (sorry, this is completely off-topic).

Best Regards,                         2000.8.3

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>