lynx-dev

lynx-dev Links works, Lynx doesn't work with this submit form. But why?

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: lynx-dev Links works, Lynx doesn't work with this submit form. But why?
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 19:10:15 -0300

Hi. Another strange problem. Tested using Lynx 2.8.4dev.6 and Links 0.92.

Problem: Lynx doesn't recognize my account

Test with Lynx:

- Go to http://www.ibazar.com.br/sellinp.cgi?CodeCat%3DAI
- Type pervalidus at Pseud?nimo
- Submit it with Continuar

Result:

CUIDADO !
Voc? esqueceu de digitar o seu pseud?nimo, ou voc? ainda n?o est?
cadastrado no iBazar

(WARNING !
You forgot to type your pseudonym, or you're not registered at
iBazar)

The same test with Links:

Result:

CUIDADO !
Esta senha est? incorreta!

(WARNING !
This password is incorrect!)

You see, the result is different, but it's worse when I submit it
with all fields.

Links accepts the sale. Lynx always return the same error.

Is this a broken HTML? If yes, where, so I can tell them.

BTW, another broken application is running at www.slackware.com.
Their version of Phorum doesn't work with Lynx.
You always get
   Warning: File upload error - no name component in content disposition
   in /var/www/slackware/forum/post.php3 on line 195
   Warning: Cannot add more header information - the header was already
   sent (header information may be added only before any output is
   generated from the script - check for text or whitespace outside PHP
   tags, or calls to functions that output text) in
   /var/www/slackware/forum/post.php3 on line 13

submitting text at http://www.slackware.com/forum/

No problem with Links. Problem explained at
http://www.phorum.org/support/read.php?f=1&i=282&t=280

Strange to see different results using both (at least with the
first problem).