lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev TAB character in text input fields of html forms

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev TAB character in text input fields of html forms
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 23:21:21 -0400

000816 John Huang wrote:
>> Have you tried ^Ve ?
>> if the field has more than one line
>> this will force the text to be edited with your pre-defined editor.
> I tried "^Ve" but instead of editing the input field,
> it attempts to edit the entire html page.
> I wonder whether it's because I'm using Version 2.8rel.2 (1998)?

DK has explained that even with upto-date editing of the textarea,
you may not be able to preserve the Tab as a Tab a/a some spaces.
however, yes, you really should update to the latest Lynx 2-8-3rel.1
or even 2-8-4dev.nn from  lynx.isc.org/ :
this will allow you to edit a textarea with your own editor via  ^ve .