lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Using lynx2.8.4dev.8 "damages" (ai)xterm

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Using lynx2.8.4dev.8 "damages" (ai)xterm
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:43:32 -0400

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 05:59:38PM -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:
>
> > Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 19:48:14 -0400
> >
> > I see my error - when I implemented the chunk in src/HTFWriter.c for
> > handling stdin when no %s is given, ...
> >
> Thanks.  This has been on my wishlist for some time.  I didn't realize
> that you were addressing it in this:

yes - I had seen the Debian bug report a while back, but not noticed the
comment about stdin (different part) til recently.  So I read more about
mailcap (which info I didn't have handy way-back-when), and could see the
pieces that would be doable.  It's still not completely general - I see
that the comparison for mailcap doesn't treat multiple blanks in a shell
command the same as a single, but it seems to work (barring the chunk that
I lost in the last iteration - I moved the %s fallback inside that function
just to cleanup).

The first time mailcap came up, it was mainly an issue with the tests,
which Klaus fixed - so I read the bug report a little more carefully
this time to see why it was still not closed.

> 2000-08-24 (2.8.4dev.8)
> * implement %s, %t, %{charset} and %{encoding} substitutions for mailcap
>   commands in HTFWriter.c (addresses Debian #21096) -TD
>
> -- gil
> --
> StorageTek
> INFORMATION made POWERFUL