lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx on Win NT 2000 machines sucessefully installed, but no

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx on Win NT 2000 machines sucessefully installed, but no SSSl support...
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 23:16:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Bob Izenberg wrote:

> The message below from Admir Trakic
> <address@hidden> was forwarded
> by the list moderator.
> >
> >with my problem. As subject of this mail presents my current problem lays
> >with openning a SSL sites like https://domain.tld which truly bothers me a
> >lot. I've seen certain patches for Linux machines only, but this not
> >satisfyes my needs since at my work we are running win200 :-(
> >
> >Just to make my problem described in detail, I have installed Lynx as
> >pre-compiled version  and my \lynx.bat looks like this(as described in

I haven't heard of any precompiled versions of lynx for windows
2000 which come with SSL enabled. I think the only way to get SSL
capability is to compile your own copy of lynx, after applying the
SSL patch and linking with openssl. I don't know how easy this would
be. You need to have perl installed before you can configure openssl.
Please let the list know of your experience if you attempt this. If
you try to compile this and run into problems, write back to the list.
Be sure to let us know which compiler you are using.
                                  Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden