lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev bytes sec?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bytes sec?
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 16:08:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 02:22:10PM -0700, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> > There are two settings that can affect this message. If you set
> > "READ_KB_RATE" to TRUE in lynx.cfg, then you will get the message
>
> that's
>    SHOW_KB_RATE

So it is. You would think that I should be able to remember it
correctly when looking at lynx.cfg then typing it immediately. I think
that I had read-eta on my mind.

> > in kb/sec instead off bytes/sec. There is a compilation option for
> > "read_eta", which puts additional information on this line. This is
> > not configurable after compilation, as far as I know. If you need to
> > stop the message altogether, it will probably take a change in the
> > source code and recompilation.
>
> (the problem report confuses me since it sounded as if the complaint were
> that the given rate is inaccurate)

I thought the problem was a constantly changing value taking time as
it was read repeatedly by the screen reader.
                           Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden