lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Display problem with dev.13

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Display problem with dev.13
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 23:46:32 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> > > maybe - but more likely the screen-size changes in dev.8 (I think).  The
> > > SHOW_KB_RATE changes would affect the format of the message on the status
> > > line, but since it calls the same function to put it there, I don't think
> > > I broke _that_ one.
> >
> > The last DOS version I had compiled was dev.9. It worked OK there.
>
> I'm not sure what to look for - if I were testing (in your shoes), I would
> verify if the SHOW_KB_RATE changes were the problem by backing out just the
> changes to that function: HTReadProgress().  I don't recall there being
> any significant changes to HTAlert.c other than that, so it's simple to
> change.

I've been having trouble backing out just those changes, because
of the interdependencies of multiple files. I was able to verify,
however, that the problem with the display occurs with the patch from
dev.11 to dev.12. The status line in dev.11 is at the bottom of the
screen and in dev.12 it is one line above the bottom. I looked through
the patch file and don't see what is causing the problem. Is this also
a problem on other platforms? I'll try to look some more, when I get
some time. It looks like you integrated some of the code that was
ifdefed "EXP_READPROGRESS" into the main code. I've been compiling
without "EXP_READPROGRESS", if that makes a difference.
                               Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden