lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev sendmail and lynx 2.8.3rel.1

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev sendmail and lynx 2.8.3rel.1
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 17:34:22 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Fiber McGee wrote:

> >I just downloaded lynx 2.8.3 rel1 and noticed that sending mails via
> >sendmail doesn't work.
> >I returned to lynx 2.8.2 rel1 and sendmail works fine.
> >
> >Whats up ?!?
> >
> >I use sendmail/NT 1.0.0.6 by Nigel Ellis (http://www.green-bean.com/bcware)
> >and my lynx.cfg contains:
> >
> >SYSTEM_MAIL:sendmail -f address@hidden -h dabakus.de -r egon.netz00.de
> >-m RSMTP

Your mail implies that you are on either Windows9x or WindowsNT. It
sounds like you downloaded a Windows binary. If so, which of the
available binaries did you download? Mail handling is different in
different binaries. I suspect that you have one compiled after blat
became the default mailer. Try invoking lynx as "lynx -help" and see
if there is an option "-noblat". If so, invoke lynx as "lynx -noblat".
That ought to make sendmail the default again. If that doesn't work,
let us know the site from which you downloaded the binary, and we can
probably help. An alternative would be to switch to the blat mailer.
                            Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden