lynx-dev

[no subject]

From: SreePriya. G
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 19:28:34 +0530 (IST)

Hello:

We, at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, are working on
providing console based Indian language interface for the Linux operating
system with support for a suite of applications : pine, pico, gcc and lynx
We have succeeded in developing support at the console level for the
Indian language : Tamil and have provided utilities for it to be easily
extended for other languages as well.We have almost finished the support
for pico and pine.

http://www.tenet.res.in/Indlinux/index.html

(contains a free download as well ,which you are welcome to try out!)

We are working on providing support for lynx.

The work that has been done so far w.r.t the support concerns the
manipulation of the keyboard mapping, font file and mapping of character
codes to glyph indices and uses an 8-bit encoding scheme.

It would be nice if anyone can give some insights into

=>the process of providing such a local language support for lynx.

1. the interface
2. the error messages

=>the availability of some other browser (text based or otherwise) that
would facilitate the process of extension of such a support.

I would be thankful if anyone can give some information or sources of
information in this regard

-Sreepriya