lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3 with MingW32 and arrows

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3 with MingW32 and arrows
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:13:02 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 05:30:31PM -0800, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> > > The ncurses version of the cygwin port doesn't display properly
> > > with the cygwin terminfo description that comes with ncurses, but
> > > seems to do fine with the cygwin termcap that comes with the current
> > > distribution of cygwin.
> >
> > I haven't seen any problems with the terminfo (but someone pointed me to
> > some optimization improvements last week - the only visible effect that
> > I know of is that it would let lynx paint the lower-right corner, which
> > isn't a big deal for lynx).  Is there a specific problem that I should
> > look for?
>
> Let me go back and get the details on this. I know that I had a

I went back and checked. I had misinterpreted what was happening.
The cygwin terminfo description and the cygwin termcap both seem to
work. I was fooled by a version of less that had a built in fallback
termcap for cygwin which doesn't work properly. When I removed the
/etc/termcap file, I had thought that less was using the ncurses
terminfo file, but it was using a faulty internal termcap. Sorry for
the confusion and misinformation. Lynx with ncurses under cygwin has
been working properly; it was my memory that wasn't.
                              Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden