lynx-dev

lynx-dev issue with sites using java

From: Fiber McGee
Subject: lynx-dev issue with sites using java
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 16:44:26 -0600

The message below from "Doug Young"
<address@hidden> was
forwarded by one of the list maintainers.

I've used Lynx browser for some time & am quite impressed with its speed
(around ten times faster than Netscape). I'm perplexed however about how to
deal with sites that incorporate java for automatic downloading of binary &
ASCII files  eg http://216.92.148.196/download.htm

The "htm" extension suggests to me that its possibly / probably one of those
horribly broken IIS disasters :(  Since I really do need to get data from
this site
regularly and the site is often the slowest on the planet I'd like to use
Lynx for the job. Is there any special procedure / technique / trick / hocus
pocus / etc that will let me download the data files (particularly ASCII
ones)  ??