lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.17

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.17
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 13:08:58 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:

> Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 12:48:46 -0500
>
> On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 12:10:06PM -0500, Lloyd Rasmussen wrote:
> > I wish I could test this new version.  I hope the right scrolling
> > "super-wide" display is an optional feature, settable at runtime and
>
> it's optional, settable at runtime.

I haven't had a chance to experiment with it.  I hope it's fairly
intelligent -- text within <PRE> ... </PRE> should appear "super-wide";
ordinary flowing text should still be formatted to the window.

Beyond that, my changes for curses window resizing lately have a
possibly annoying side effect:  The actual window size overrides
any prior setting of LINES and COLUMNS, and those values are
even exported to the environment in shell escapes.  I know it's
been an annoyance to me in situations such as:

    !        # (shell escape from lynx)
    xterm &  # start a new terminal window
    exit     # return to lynx

The xterm is now running with the default window size, but with LINES
and COLUMNS set to the size of the parent lynx window.  Does this
bother anyone else enough that I should try to improve it?

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL