lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Where's Klaus Weide?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Where's Klaus Weide?
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 12:00:44 -0500

010225 Thomas Dickey wrote:
>> FrŽdŽric L. W. Meunier wrote:
>>> What happened to Klaus Weide? I see his last post is from 3 months ago.
>>> He was one of the major contributors...
> he comes/goes.
> I have a notion that he's a grad student and subject to some diversions

he was taking a biz-ed course at that time,
as part of which he asked me how he was viewed at lynx-dev.
i tried to give a common-sense response, he promised further info,
then he disappeared again.  he was absent  347 days  once.

my theory has been that he has an ageing parent in Germany,
whose health or other problems he has to attend to from time to time,
but he has never given any explanation.
he used to work for a software company in S Illinois,
which he left & seems to have been career-building since.
it's always a pleasant surprise when he does show up.

then again, where is Bela Lubkin, where is Laura Eaves, where is Kim DeVaughn?
at least our Russian comrades contribute occasionally (smile).