lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Table troubles

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Table troubles
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 03:28:27 -0500 (EST)

From: Henry Nelson <address@hidden>

>  "Farming
> out" things like multiple-pass table analysis, javascript interpretation
> and plain text processing (hyphenation, justification, etc.) to a pseudo-
> proxy is the way to go, IM [not so] HO.  It makes for a fast, light and
> smooth Lynx.  Isn't that what we really want Lynx for?
>
> There is talk that these "things" are too hard for the average user to set
> up.  Well, if entire packages like GNU gettext tools and libraries can be
> bundled in with Lynx, I can't see what's stopping the inclusion of Lynx-
> supporting tools and scripts.

As long as the tools do not require root or system admin type privs to
build, install, or run, I agree with Henry - when designing features,
give consideration to the idea of a seperate process.  Of course, that MAY
make lynx more difficult to implement on non-Unix OSes (like MacOS, Windows,
VMS, etc.)
--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>