lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx and Javascript: how-to

From: edmondrod
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and Javascript: how-to
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:06:48 -0400 (EDT)

There is a working javascript processor that can be used.  NJS.  Even
if it is out of date, it could be replaced with another script at a later
time, or simply turned off completely.  Coupling the lynx calls to the
script processor with an intermediate function should make the script
easily replaceable.    Does the outline below adress the <script> tags
as well?  That seems to be a good place to start.  If the javascript
processor fails, a blank string would be returned, and perhaps some sort
of warning message.

I tried a few scripts from the Internet that I found on NJS.  Sometimes the
scripts have functions that are not defined, so I figure that the big
2 must have some kind of library defining some common functions.

Edmond Rodriguez