lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Failures building 2.8.4rel.1

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Failures building 2.8.4rel.1
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 19:54:04 -0400

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 07:14:41PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>       setenv LIBS="-L$HOME/lib -lncurses"
I was going to suggest, offhand
        setenv LIBS="-L$HOME/lib -static -lncurses -dynamic"
just to be sure.  But that turns on a debug-option in my FreeBSD's gcc, makes a
very large config.log file (-static does work, sort-of: I don't recommend that,
after seeing what happens ;-).

Also, the CPPFLAGS variable isn't processed in that version of 'make', so you
would have to set $CFLAGS.

Anyway, linking against current ncurses works.  Will see about that 1.8.6
stuff (on a first cut it didn't build, but I was installing openssl as well,
and on the first cut of that, I fix the header files to get rid of the
not-a-prototype warnings, so I can focus on the actual problems).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com