lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Download indicator hogs my bandwidth

From: Pat Traynor
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Download indicator hogs my bandwidth
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:27:33 -0400 (EDT)

> > Is there a way to either suppress this counting, or (even better),
> > increase the increments to something higher?  Perhaps it could click off
> > every 64k or something.

Well, I came up with a fix.  I've probably broken something by
doing this, but at least for now, it's working well.

In src/HTAlert.c is the following code:

    /*
     * Optimal refresh time:  every 0.2 sec, use interpolation.  Transfer
     * rate is not constant when we have partial content in a proxy, so
     * interpolation lies - will check every second at least for sure.
     */
    #ifdef HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY
    if (now >= last + 0.2)
        renew = 1;
    #else
    if (((bytes - bytes_last) > (transfer_rate / 5)) || (now != last)) {
        renew = 1;
        bytes_last += (transfer_rate / 5);  /* until we got next second */
    }
    #endif

So I changed that line near to middle from 0.2 to 2 :

    if (now >= last + 2)

Now the download report happens only once per 2 seconds.  I can live
with that.

--pat--
--
Pat Traynor