lynx-dev

lynx-dev lynx bug?

From: Kai Shih
Subject: lynx-dev lynx bug?
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 13:25:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
        I'm running Lynx Version 2.8.1rel.2 on a red hat box (though I can
duplicate the same behavior on my newer Mandrake box, as well).
        I've tried to find some references to this problem on the web, but
haven't had much success.  I'd appreciate any help from the community on
this one!
        When I add the '-base' option to some source dumps, I get a bunch
of gibberish characters:

        > lynx -source excite.com
        <head>
        <title>My Excite Start Page</title>
        </head>
        etc...

        > lynx -base -source excite.com
        (gibberish stuff returned)

        Does anyone have suggestions for me?  I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Kai