lynx-dev

Re: MacOSX (was "Re: lynx-dev ASCII approximations")

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: MacOSX (was "Re: lynx-dev ASCII approximations")
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 04:49:03 -0400

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 11:51:59PM -0700, Patrick wrote:

> Actually, with the release of MacOSX porting might be a lot easier
> than it was.  OSX is apparently built over a Berkley UNIX base.
> [I'm guessing a BSD kernel with the Mac GUI for a shell.]  In fact,
> if some sort of terminal program is supplied, there may be very
> little work required to make Lynx run here.

It's BSD with a filesystem that ignores the case of filenames.  That's
not a problem.  Some people have made ncurses build on OS X, iirc finding
a problem with the C preprocessor.  (It's too bad it only runs on PowerPC,
otherwise I might try installing a copy to see how it runs).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com