lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: easy hack for javascripted urls? By hand = easy.

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: easy hack for javascripted urls? By hand = easy.
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 01:27:39 -0700

In "lynx-dev LYNX: easy hack for javascripted urls?  By hand = easy."
[21/Sep/2001Fri 23:42:30]
David Combs wrote:

> I was on this page:
>
>    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/section/0,,3,00.html
>
>  and wanted to go to a link there, which turned out
>   to be this:
>

> javascript:varPAWin=window.open('/timesBreakingNewsDisplay/0,,15,00.html#4','PA','dependent=yes,resizable=no,scrollbars=yes,height=525,width=487');
>
> What I did was concoct this url:
>
>    http://www.thetimes.co.uk//timesBreakingNewsDisplay/0,,15,00.html#4
>
> and it worked!
>
> -----
>
> SURELY lynx can *easily* be made to do something similar, no?

Well...  It's easy for you, because you're an intelligent, sensate
human being able to make an educated guess.  But teaching a program
how to wing it...

Wish I had time to learn a real programming language, so I could
write some sort of quick-&-dirty JS parser/filter for Lynx [a separate
program, called as a DOWNLOADER, maybe].  Hmm, wishing I had no
*real* life to deal with?  Yeah, guess so...

                             Patrick
                   <mailto:address@hidden>
                <http://www.island.net/~pboylan/>

        "Beware of geeks bearing gifts."