lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "Tables": let lynx simply run w3m for tables (via usr

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "Tables": let lynx simply run w3m for tables (via usr command)?
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 05:11:21 -0400

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 04:31:38AM -0400, David Combs wrote:
> Finally, finally, I tried w3m.
>
> No, nothing like lynx, not much fun to use,
> not as interactive as lynx -- but, it
> *does* do tables.  And nicely!
>
> I'm sure this has been suggested *many* times before,
> but why not have a lynx cmd that says "redisplay
> the current url via w3m" -- but somehow fix it
> so that lynx's "p(rint)" command can work on that
> display too, sending it to a file.

I do that, with the external commands:

EXTERNAL:ftp:w3m %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:file:w3m %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:http:w3m %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:http:links %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:http:wget %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:http:wget -r %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:ftp:netscape %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:file:netscape %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:http:netscape %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:ftp:chimera %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:file:chimera %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:http:chimera %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:ftp:opera %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:file:opera %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:http:opera %s:TRUE

which gives a popup menu when I press '.' or ',' for the current link or page
(there's no point in adding commands to lynx when it already can do this)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net