lynx-dev

lynx-dev annoying blinking of lynx with ncurses

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: lynx-dev annoying blinking of lynx with ncurses
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:43:28 +0900

Hi all,

I used to compile lynx with slang but, this time,
I try lynx with ncurses.  It is fine because it works
well with -use_mouse on kterm.

But I found that lynx with ncurses blinks very much
than that with slang, for example, when I input one letter
(or character?) in text field (or form?) it blinks.
This is really annoying and it never occured with slang
version lynx.

Is this well-known already and difficult to fix?

My system is;

Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.4.9 and lynx 2.8.5dev.3
slang1         1.4.4
libncurses5    5.2.20010318
(ncurses 5.2 of 2001/03/18 version?)

Best regards,              2001.10.11