lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.6: 123g bug

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.6: 123g bug
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 23:41:17 -0500

020102 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> for the moment, I'm assuming the 'g' problem was introduced
> by the multiline highlighting changes
> which I'd like to get stable before doing much else that's complicated.
> I can see some trash on the screen under Slackware
> but the program doesn't stop (but at least there's something ... ).

just once IIRC, `123g' worked but wrote a garbage line near top of screen.

> Under Debian (stable) there's no sign of any problem.
> I did most of the debugging for the last patch on Debian.

a gentle suggestion: recent reports via Linux Today advise
that the distribution (statistical) of Linux distributions is
Mandrake & RedHat  c 35 % ea , SUSE  c 20 %
and others incl Debian & Slackware  <= 5 % ea .
perhaps you should test primarily with a more commonly used distribution?