lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.6: 123g bug

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.6: 123g bug
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 10:34:10 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Philip Webb wrote:

> 020104 Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> > Mandrake 8.1 hangs about 1/4 of the time when shutting it down
> > (means I have to power the machine down).
>
> sounds as if you need to prune a daemon.

I suspect a hardware conflict, but since Slackware 8.0 did everything that
I needed from the Mandrake, I set it aside.

> >> i have 8.0 , but haven't got round to installing it yet.
> >> it was reported today that  46 %  Linux users in UK have Mandrake.
>
> i have an ambition to build my own Linux
>   --  www.linuxfromscratch.org/  -- ,
> testing it with User-mode Linux
>   --  user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/  -- (smile).
>
> BTW do you have a lot of boot options or a bevy of machines?

I've accumulated 3 machines - the first (from 1994) is running 4 boots,
the second (from 1998) is running 10, and the newest (from 2000) is
running 15.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net