lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev view chinese (big5, gb) in lynx

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev view chinese (big5, gb) in lynx
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:47:21 +0900 (JST)

> > a Slackware or Linux help list.
>
> They are my sources as well.

As far as the console goes, they should be your primary sources.  It is
not a Lynx question, and it is not a trivial question, either.  I don't
have a Linux machine readily available, nor am I very familiar with their
setup, anymore.  With NetBSD-current, all you would need to do is put

setenv LANG         zh
setenv LC_ALL       C
setenv LC_CTYPE     zh_TW.Big5     (or zh_TW.eucTW, or zh_CN.eucCN)
setenv LC_MESSAGES  zh

in your .cshrc file.  Syntax would be slightly different if you use sh,
although, at the moment, I would recommend csh for use with multibyte
characters.  Again, this only concerns NetBSD.  I cannot answer for Linux.

__Henry