lynx-dev

Re: RFC: change coming to lynx-dev archives

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: RFC: change coming to lynx-dev archives
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:27:41 -0200

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 11:01:13AM -0500, Al Gilman wrote:

> - obscure email addresses mildly in the HTML so that the
> HTML source text is not usable without some transformation
> as an email address.  Things like representing
> <address@hidden> as &lt;John.Doe
> -(at&#41;&#x2D; your.home.domain>.  This will allow people
> transcribing edresses manually to get them right and
> address any individual who has posted.  It may prevent
> collection in today's price-performance climate for email
> address harvesters, but it does not make it really hard.

I prefer 'John.Doe at your dot home dot domain'.

> If there is a readily implemented alternative that you
> think is much better than either of these, please explain
> it and how it is readily achievable.  Even the second one
> above takes finding the right code and adding it into the
> existing FormDB PHP viewer.

Maybe not better, but what I'd like to see is the use of
Listar or Mailman and the list being hosted by the same site
which hosts the archives. The list needs a moderator, and we
could moderate all messages from non-subscribers (I don't
think they're being accepted, which is really bad).

I suggested moving the list to Savannah.

BTW, the HTML archives for November / December / January are
still missing...

Anyway, I like your proposition.

--
address@hidden, dyndns.org}