lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev sendmail.exe legal again, but lynx.exe code flawed

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev sendmail.exe legal again, but lynx.exe code flawed
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:31:22 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 address@hidden wrote:

> >     * From: "Victor Schneider, Ph. D." <address@hidden>
> >     * Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:21:21 -0500
> >
> >If you use the -noblat option on recent lynx.exe for Windows executables,
> >you get a call of the form:
> >
> >sendmail -t address@hidden -F tempfilename
>
> I just got through re-testing my "makelynx.bat" on a recent version of lynx,
> and found that -noblat is the wrong option to use for getting the U. S.
> version of blat to work.  So, without the "-noblat" option, and with a very
> minor bit of twiddling LYUtils.c, you get a very quick and noble compile
> of lynx that calls blat.exe properly.

The "-noblat" option allows the use of the free "sendmail" program for
Windows, written by Nigel Ellis. It is available packaged with Wayne
Buttles binary of lynx. It also probably works with Nigels updated
shareware version (now called bcwmail), available from his website at
"http://www.bcwaresystems.com/";

The default blat that is supported is the BLATJ, Japanese version. It
is available from Hiroyuki Senshu, packaged with the lynx binary. The
compilation define "USE_ALT_BLAT_MAILER" indicates the use of BLAT
rather than BLATJ.

Do we need to put this information in the documentation that comes
with the lynx source code somewhere (perhaps in INSTALLATION)?

                                   Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden