lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx: ftp anonymous password

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx: ftp anonymous password
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:35:24 +0000 (GMT)

>     recognized that this scenario afforded a continuing means of e-address
>     harvesting.  As a consequence, most browsers eventually stopped

It's much more likely to be used for click trailing than actual address
harvesting, and, as I pointed out before, why should a site give you something
completely for free if you are not prepared to cooperate with them.

Most pages one accesses are there either to directly sell you something, or
to advertise.  People do not run ftp sites purely for your benefit.  There
comes a point where the honest thing to do is to not access commercially
run pages at all.