lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev latest status on java script support?

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: lynx-dev latest status on java script support?
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 16:10:43 +0000

In message <address@hidden>,
Harland Christofferson <address@hidden> writes:
> I had intended to start working on it with an older version of
> Lynx late last year between contract gigs. A new gig came up and
> I have not had the time to get back into it. I am willing to
> start on it again. Help is welcome. There doesn't seem to be
> much interest in JS support as far as I can tell, however.

Look for my messages on the topic in the archives.  I've already done
a fair amount of work on this and, in my humble opinion, it's pointless
without a total rewrite of Lynx's internals.  If you're going to do that,
though, you might as well start from a more sensible starting position
like w3m or gecko.
--
rob partington % address@hidden % http://lynx.browser.org/