lynx-dev

lynx-dev Great Browser, Guys!

From: cjmonn
Subject: lynx-dev Great Browser, Guys!
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 20:42:37 -0500 (EST)

Just wanted to say that you are doing a great job on the browser, and I
don't care what anyone says; a text-mode browser can be good!

Heck, without LYNX, I wouldn't have been able to complete the install for
my FreeBSD system. Sure, I'll admit it... I also installed NetScape, but
that didn't do my any good until I could get the X-servers up and running.

Still, there are more days than not that I DO NOT use the GUI's, because it
is easier to just launch LYNX and get where I need to go, especially with
FTP. Yes, FreeBSD, like most UNIX's I'm sure, comes with an FTP client
program, but you don't get as good a visual as with LYNX.

Well, just the same, this is all probably chatter to you guys. Again, I
thought that you should know that I appreciate the quality browser, and
that I have already gotten TWO OTHER people to switch to 'BSD and also to
using LYNX.
GREAT JOB PEOPLE!

CJM.