lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Lynx 2.8.3 [Win32 question]

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx 2.8.3 [Win32 question]
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 07:57:38 -0400

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 06:45:12AM -0700, TSAO,YU-KANG (HP-USA,ex1) wrote:
> Thank you for your help.  I can ping some internal sites.  But I can not
> ping external sites.  So I think it may be the fire wall issue.   Could you
> give me some suggestions  ?  Thank you very much.
> Sincerely Yours,
> Yu-Kang Tsao
> (631) T-753-3342
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 04:57:15PM -0400, TSAO,YU-KANG (HP-USA,ex1) wrote:
> > Hi Jim:
> > Sorry that I get back to you late.  I can not ping   lynx.browser.org
> > So what other aspect that should I look into to make lynx work on my
> > notebook ?  Thank you very much.
> [ other stuff about lynx on local machine snipped ]
> Hmm.  I can ping lynx.browser.org from my laptop, so I know it's still
> running.  Can you reach any external site?  How about any internal
> sites besides your notebook?
> It's odd your ping program can resolve the address for lynx.browser.org
> but then not reach it.  Maybe a firewall issue?

You will need to check with your local network administrator as to how
to get access through your firewall.  If ping isn't working then
nothing else is likely to work.  The possible solutions include having
a proxy server, changing your firewall rules, and other local
configurations that are beyond my ken.  Sorry...

Jim

------
<http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/db/users/net/bcpl/jspath/face.xbm>
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
God what a depressingly moronic computer you are.