lynx-dev Re: Oracle Problems, Error 503

From: Lloyd Rasmussen
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Oracle Problems, Error 503
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 14:24:14 -0400

Using 2.8.4 Pre5 for Windows, here is a tracelog when I connect to
the cited Oracle portal.  I had it set to accept all cookies, but I
had not logged into the site.  I zipped the file because some lines
are very long.  I don't know what's going on, either.

On Fri, 10 May 2002 17:10:36 +0000, address@hidden wrote:

>[]) by terra.ele.intra via smap (V2.1)
>       id xma001512; Fri, 10 May 02 09:00:12 +0200
>From: "Conrad, Oliver" <address@hidden>
>To: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
>Subject: lynx-dev HTTP-Error 503 on "Oracle Portal"-website with Lynx 2.8.4
>dev 14
>       (DOS)
>Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:00:10 +0200
>Sender: address@hidden
>Hello Lynx developer,
>we're using the Oracle product "Oracle Portal" and have to solve a problem
>with blind and visually handicapped users using the Lynx browser:
>The problem happens on every Oracle-Portal-Site, e.g.
>irrespective of the content of the website (static or dynamic, plain or
>complex content). Please reproduce the HTTP-503-error from your site on your
>Our Oracle-Portal-Websites (not optimized for texted based readers at all,
>sorry!) are located under
> and
>The problem is allways the same: After accepting the cookies an after the
>first page you get the HTTP 503 error "site temporary unavailable". This
>problem doesn't exist with other browsers (NS, IE, Opera, ...).
>We allready created a Bug-Ticket on Oracle, but Oracle unfortunately denies
>any kind of support for your browser. They speculate "the cookie handling of
>Lynx could be the cause of this effect".
>Is it possible to configure the client side (Lynx-Browser) to solve this
>problem or do you have an other clue or even a patch?
>Thanks in advance
>Best regards
>Oliver Conrad
>GELSEN-NET     Tel  +49 209 167 2026
>Kommunikationsgesellschaft mbH Fax +49 209 167 2001
>Munscheidstr. 14       mailto:address@hidden
>D-45886 Gelsenkirchen
>; To UNSUBSCRIBE: Send "unsubscribe lynx-dev" to address@hidden

Braille is the solution to the digital divide.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
home:  <address@hidden> <>
Work:  <address@hidden>         <>