lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev a highlighting problem with 2.8.5dev.8

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev a highlighting problem with 2.8.5dev.8
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:37:05 +0900 (JST)

> > Has the major thrust of development moved to color-style?  If so, perhaps
> > drop the "experimental" from the configure --help option:
> > "--enable-color-style  use optional/experimental color style (ncurses/
>
> I use the color-style more often than the other (it's more readable).

The wording of your sentence suggested that such was the case.  Dropping
"experimental" might encourage new-comers to use it more.  As the coordinating
developer, maybe you would even want to consider making it the default
for ncurses, i.e., change from --enable to --disable.

At one time (years ago), I believe Rob had the styles code working for SLang,
too.  Is there chance that that will happen again?

__Henry