lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Bug: unable to uncompress temporary file

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Bug: unable to uncompress temporary file
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:24:59 -0300 (E. South America Standard Time)

roy langford wrote:

> the error message is "Alert! Lynx unable to uncompress
> temporary file!"

I see the problem. I compiled Lynx on both Cygwin 1.3.10 (with
GCC 2.95.3-5) and Windows XP Professional (with Borland C++
5.5).

Cygwin:

If I compile with --with-zlib it uses the library to uncompress
the files. If I don't it uses gzip (and I need ash installed).

Windows XP Professional:

I compiled without --with-zlib and it failed with such sites. I
think it works if you have gzip for Windows.

Question: Is there any way to make Lynx not send
'Accept-Encoding: gzip, compress' and not use gzip if I don't
compile with --with-zlib ?

BTW, I compiled OpenSSH 0.9.6d with Borland C++ but don't know
how to compile zlib. Makefile.b32 and Makefile.bor don't work.