lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Display of SGML Greek characters

From: Steve White
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Display of SGML Greek characters
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:05:38 -0700

Antonopoylos,

As far as I know,  Lynx does as good a job as possible displaying Greek
text, by transliterating into 7-bit Latin (with special markers for
the accents).  Am I wrong?  Look at my page
<http://www.zipcon.net/~swhite/docs/computers/browsers/greek.html>

I have wondered what it does in a terminal window that is capable of
displaying Greek.  In principle, it should be possible to detect this
and to display Greek characters in such a terminal, but I haven't
looked into the Lynx code.

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:11:42 +0300 (EEST)
Antonopoylos Panagivths <address@hidden> wrote