Re: lynx-dev Lynx no longer works with Yahoo Mail...

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx no longer works with Yahoo Mail...
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:12:22 -0400

At 06:31 AM 2002-08-16, Larry W. Virden wrote:
Ah ha!  That's the ticket .  The first refresh is not the one to focus on.
Instead, on the second page - the javascript driven page - there is indeed
such a link and following it tells me that my browser isn't supported and
that I should go download IE or Netscape ... or return to the old version
of the email interface.

I didn't see a 'feedback' email or even a form that random members of
the unwashed like me could use.

For subscribers, is there a feedback path?

Since they are running the script-free version of the service, they
should have a NOSCRIPT element in the first script-dependent page that
people will encounter that advises the user of the availability of this
option.  They can even harrass you to "upgrade" if they provide the
option to follow a link to the universal version.  They've done the
writing already, just haven't implemented the linking quite right.

By the way, I did mention this in the WAI.  But they have no magic in
with Yahoo.  Customers count, even with free services, if you say it right.

Tcl'2002 Sept 16, 2002, Vancouver, BC
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL:>
Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should