lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: bug? described on netbsd-help ml

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: bug? described on netbsd-help ml
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:55:12 -0300 (BRT)

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Michael Warner wrote:

> On or about 29 Aug, 2002, Thomas Dickey
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 08:00:57PM -0300, Fr?d?ric L. W.
> > Meunier wrote:

> > > This doesn't work on Cygwin, right ? I compiled with it but
> >
> > that may be - I'll have to test that, to see what it does.  (I
> > seem to recall that the win32/pdcurses port doesn't do this
> > reliably).
>
> The problem is, for me, either rare or intermittent.  I believe
> the point at which you try to interrupt may make a difference.  I
> think interrupting the DNS look-up works pretty well, but I very
> seldom lose patience that early, or my DNS is pretty quick, or
> something.

> It's much more common to have the long delay at the
> "connecting...", "waiting for...", etc stages, when "z" works
> much less reliably, if at all.  For that matter, is it supposed
> to?  I assumed it was, but that was without benefit of thought or
> evidence :)

Just a test:

Making HTTP connection to www.pervalidus.net:8080

On Linux pressing 'z' stops the Making...

On Cygwin it stays at Making...

and I have to exit with ^C.

It doesn't matter if I use 'z' after 1s or 1min.

BTW, how does https work ? Sometimes it just stays at Making...
and 'z' doesn't work at all.

--
address@hidden, {dyndns.}org} Tel: +55 (21) 2717-2399