lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Dillo

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Dillo
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:57:42 -0400

020926 Petr Baudis wrote:
> "JavaScript required everywhere" is not true from a large part.
> most of the sites are perfectly functional without JavaScript
> & if they use it, frequently only for additional eyecandy or convenience.
> Sure there are places where it's a no-go

the really big problem is the 'Go' button, which surely could be handled
with a small amount of time to do a simple AD HOC hack: TD?

another day of trying Dillo for my news-reading shows it's the fastest,
but it can't get AP photo enlargements on the Yahoo news site (JS),
trips badly formatting Washington Post stories (some invisible, some clumsy)
& showed one story (via Linux Today) against a dark blue background (wrong).
however, it is explicitly only an alpha, so it shows great promise.
i'm back to Galeon + broadband, but Lynx is vital for e-mailing stories
& still very useful eg for local HTML help files.

again if only, Glynx 3.0 : cp Gvim vs Vim vs Vi ... (sigh)