lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev.9 question

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.9 question
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 07:16:36 -0500

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 06:03:04AM -0500, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> From: Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>
>
> > I see some logic that does this if the lines are really too long (longer
> > than 1024).  Lynx has a fixed limit on the longest lines that it might
> > try to display.
>
> Is there a particular set of symbols I should seek regarding this?
> I was thinking that perhaps I could change the code to malloc the 1024
> and then realloc larger buffers as necessary, allowing lynx to display , etc.
> lines as large as necessary.

I was looking at this chunk of code (MAX_LINE==1024) in GridText.c:

        if (len0+len >= MAX_LINE) {
            if (!wrapalert) {
                LYFixCursesOn("show alert:");
                HTAlert(gettext("Very long lines have been wrapped!"));
                wrapalert = TRUE;
            }

That sounds like the message you were describing.  If that's so, either
lynx is running into lines longer than 1024, or there's some bug (piled-up
lines that combine to a longer-than-1024 line).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net