lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: should nested <blockquotes> indent even further?

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: should nested <blockquotes> indent even further?
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 10:56:35 +0900 (JST)

> I think that increasing the indentation level for nested blockquotes is a
> place for improvement here ;-).

This complaint goes back many, many years, and not with anything nearly
so obscure as _nested_ anything, but with simple headers.  A LOT of
thought, grief and compromises went into making a presentation which was
acceptable to the majority (of people active on the developers' list).

Basically it boils down to how the majority of lynx users want to use
those precious 80 character cells.  (I suspect wide-screen users are still
in the minority.)  Before someone goes off on a crusade to write the code
to increase indentation for each level of nesting, he/she might want to
check out the pros and cons and get the opinions of other users.

Does Lynx have horizontal scrolling now?  With horizontal scrolling, a
lot of arguments against increased indentation become moot.  Good place
to start?

__Henry