lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.5dev.11 using too much RAM

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.5dev.11 using too much RAM
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 16:40:24 -0500

021222 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 06:32:32PM -0200, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
>> Thomas Dickey wrote:
>>> dev.12 is supposed to fix the leak introduced in dev.11
>>> I don't know that it doesn't

well, didn't FLWM just say that it doesn't ... (smile)

>> I think the problem is with --enable-color-style (any recent changes?),
>> as I apparently (will wait more 24-36h)

something lost in translation from Portuguese (smile)?

> nothing that comes to mind -
> LP did comment that the nested table code will use more memory:
> some data are stored twice.

ok, mb this is what you meant above, tho' tables are not that common,
so it seems unlikely that that has caused FLWM's continuing problem.

i was going to update  dev.6 -> dev.12 , but am now wondering
whether there wb a  13  or  14  in the near future: any guestimates?

BTW everyone: i've gone back to using Lynx
to read Financial Times & Independent & sometimes Washington Post,
as the best all-round solution for speed & readability;
Galeon remains my GUI browser of choice, but lags slightly for those.