lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx

From: Peter Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 02:27:24 +0100

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002 19:54:55 Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:

>On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 01:22:02AM +0100, Peter Rasmussen wrote:
>> I am totally new to this list, but have for many years happily been using
>> Lynx.
>>
>> Having started producing my own websoftware that works great with Netscape,
>> Mozilla, Opera and IE I would now also finally like to make it work with
>> Lynx.
>> I don't know which of the browsers don't follow the standards, but I can see
>> that Lynx doesn't work whereas the others do, so I am inclined to think that
>> Lynx is at fault.
>>
>> I looked in the archives but don't really know what to call it or how to
>> search
>> for it, if it has previously been discussed with you guys. For now I am on
>> the
>> lynx-dev list and will be listening.
>
>I'd start by looking at lynx's trace (lynx -trace makes $HOME/Lynx.trace).
>You should be able to see the "GET" formatted in the trace, and some other
>context, enough to see where in the code the string is formatted.  If this
>were a form, I think I'd know where to start looking, but it's not clear
>from the description how it's setup.

It isn't from a form or anything fancy, just a simple link that could look like:

<A HREF="list_one_subject.cgi?397795902 000 DVD_1043951012 00000
list_subjects.cgi">DVD All Zones</A>

And apparently, it looks like the Apache httpd server expects a %20 instead of
the actual ' ', and the other browsers provide it, but Lynx provides the actual
[special] character.

I will see if I can figure something out from the -trace flag log.

Thank you very much,

Peter