lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.12d.patch.gz

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.12d.patch.gz
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 19:20:19 +0300 (MSK)

> problems:

>       a) refers to freed memory (same as the previous report), and

>       b) doesn't repaint the display properly.  Unlike the previous
>          case, this time it doesn't repaint the parent properly - half
>          the time.

> I'm considering moving your fixed HTLine's (tmp_long_line) into the document
> structure, and seeing how your original patch does that way.  From debugging,
> can see that the problem with redisplay occurs with the second entry
> of that array.

I am curious about the difference when fixed HTLine's are globals
vs HText members (in case of difference the color styles should also be
broken).

The following proposed: 1) use ALLOC_IN_POOL and POOL_FREE as functions so
it will be easier to debug the stack; and 2) add one more new_line() into
HText_endAppend() so we switch self->last_line  from the fixed one (if any)
into the one allocated in pool (extra bottom lines will be removed either
way).